Schengen visa is valid for 26 countries
- These countries are:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- Schengen visa is not suitable if you want to stay in the country of the Schengen more than three months, or if you want to apply for a job or start a business or trade.
Where can you apply for the Schengen visa?
- If you are not a resident in Oman, you must apply to the embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
- You must apply to the embassy of the major country you intend to visit (the country with the longest duration of visit).
- Do not consider, in any way, a transit country as a major travel destination.
- If you can identify the main destination, you must apply to that country’s embassy
Documents required for a visa application
- Complete the full visa application form, signed by the applicant. Use only capital English letters. Please answer all the questions, otherwise your application will not be accepted; children’s and minors’ applications must be signed by the parents.
- A passport or official travel document contains Oman’s valid residence visa (for non-Omanis); validity of the passport (and residence visa) must exceed the validity of the visa required by at least 3 months. To be provided are:
- A clear copy of both the passport’s personal data page and Oman’s residence visa page.
- One recent photograph with a bright-coloured background (Please write the applicant’s name on the back; do not staple or paste the photo).
- A bank statement for the last six months.
- A copy of the return ticket reservation (full page).
- A copy of a confirmed reservation for a hotel or an invitation (full page).
- Medical insurance: insurance document should cover the places and duration of the stays in all Schengen countries.- Insurance should provide a minimum of 30,000 Euros to cover the traveler, including the repatriation of a person to Oman in case of emergency.
- – Must submit an original and a copy of the insurance policy.
- For non-Omanis, a letter from the sponsor and a copy of a valid labor card.For business purposes:
- A letter of invitation from the calling company (in Europe); the letter must be original or sent directly from the calling company to the embassy via fax or e-mail.Children and minors (less than 18 years):
- Authorization from the parents signed by the parent allowing a minor to travel (with or without parents).
- A copy of the father’s and mother’s passports must accompany the authorization.
- A visa application must be submitted in person at the embassy.
- Please note that the embassy has the right to ask for more documents.